Wednesday 22 February 2012

Ordering RF2500's from Alibaba

With the success of the 43oh.com guys in ordering from Alibaba, I thought I'd like to organize some - Tim from MindKits said he'd buy some as well (20 - go there soon if you want some). They are pretty tiny, but solderable. They are designed so you can put header pins in them and solder them onto boards as modules or fit a plastic cap over them of some kind if you want to stand it upright. Once I get my MezzoMill, I'll print a board out that will let me use them more easily, but for now I will just solder wires into them and stick them in a breadboard :-)

My intention is to write drivers for the RaspberryPi for them and also for the MSP430.

I am expecting I'll need to use the BusPirate I ordered from SeeedStudio (to support Dangerous Prototypes, the only reason I didn't order from MindKits who get it via SparkFun don't pay DP a bean for it) to debug my SPI work.



No comments:

Post a Comment